Liguria Orange Flag Villages. ..Dive with us in Liguria, in a relaxing atmosphere to discover the Orange Flag villages with their idyllic landscapes and strong food and wine traditions.
Sanremo Monaco Antibes Genoa
Italian Riviera of Flowers
Liguria French Riviera
Land of traditions genuine, Liguria opens its doors to take you on a discovery of its most precious pearls: the fascinating villages awarded the prestigious ARANCHOR Flag of the Touring Club Italiano such as Dolceacqua, Apricale and Triora.
“TOUR OF ORANGE FLAG VILLAGES IN LIGURIA”
(4 days – 3 nights)
Arrival in the afternoon and accommodation at the chosen hotel. Dinner at the hotel restaurant and evening at disposal to visit Sanremo by night. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
2° DAY: Valle Argentina – Triora and Taggia
In the morning, transfer to Triora, the country of the witches!
This is not a legend but history documented, as you will discover visiting Ethnographic Museum and of Witchcraft, where you can find yourself in 4 gloomy rooms that pass on the memory of a tragic chapter in local history. In 1558, a trial was held against a group of thirteen women, considered responsible for the famine that had plagued the region the previous year, which ended with a tragic sentence of burning at the stake for witchcraft. This was followed by a visit to the delicious medieval hamlet in the Ligurian Alps and lunch in a typical restaurant with tasting of typical traditional dishes.
In the afternoon, return to the coast and visit the historical centre of Taggia, where you can linger to see the characteristic ways and its archways, with the convent of San Domenico and the prestigious pinacoteca, before heading to the local shops to buy the typical canestrelli and anicini of Taggia. Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
3° DAY: Val Nervia – Dolceacqua and Apricale
In the morning transfer to Dolceacqua, the pearl of the Val Nervia and one of the first villages to earn the orange flag. Dolceacqua is a delicious medieval village, embellished by an ancient humpback bridge and the ruins of the Doria castle. Here, among the artisan workshops you can discover the true nectar of the Riviera: the Rossese of Dolceacqua, red prized intense taste. At lunchtime you can enjoy the full range of Riviera wines, accompanied by tasty specialities from the valley.
In the afternoon, visit the ancient medieval village of Apricale, perched with its carruggi on the Alpine slopes, where in season you can taste a typical Ligurian snack: the pansarole with the zabaione. Return to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
4° DAY: La Pigna, Sanremo old town
In the morning visit to the precious historic centre of Sanremo: the Pigna. A favourite of Italo Calvino, who recounted it in The Path of the Spider’s Nests, La Pigna still retains the fascination of the ancient medieval village and allows the most attentive tourist to discover a new Sanremo, made up of winding alleys and stairways, arches and buttresses, secluded and silent little squares.
At the top, the Sanctuary of the Madonna of the Coast Madonna, protector of sailors, built at the very top of the old town, dominates a spectacular panorama. Lunch at your leisure.
Afterwards, departure for the place of origin.
More information about the Tour Borghi Bandiera Arancione Liguria
The price includes:
- Individual enrolment fee, covering practical training fees.
- Accommodation in one of our hotels in a double room with half-board.
- A lunch in a typical restaurant in the Argentina Valley
- Tasting of wines and typical Ligurian products
- Tasting of the typical Ligurian snack (depending on the season)
- Admission to the Ethnographic and Witchcraft Museum of Triora
The price does not include:
- Travel to/from the airport, local transfers and everything not included in “our offer includes”
- Lunches and dinners in restaurants for children.
- Lunches and dinners are to be considered according to the menu of the day or the tasting menu proposed by the chef. Drinks and à la carte drinks are payable locally.
- The visits suggested in the programme are to be considered as unaccompanied.
- Tourist guide for visiting the villages
- Local transfers by car or minibus with driver
- The proposal can be customised according to your needs and interests